Monday, August 29, 2011

Mid day 11

I would like to congratulate august 29,2011 and the 162 miles from Teslin to Watson lake for cracking the top three in the "Coldest I've Ever Been" category. The rain from yesterday has continued thru today. The temperature never rose above 38 until Watson lake, which lead to this exchange at the gas station three hrs into today's ride:

Me (while trying to extract my hand from my dripping, soaked-through leather glove): "I can't feel my hands."
Whitley (whistling as he removed his water proof, electrically heated gloves): "godamighty, what'd ya think, we were riding down to el campo or something!"
Me: "thanks."

Trying to get to hyder, but Db forgot his rain gear at the motel in Teslin and it's still 45 and raining, may be a short day. We' re in dease lake now.

Big thank you to motohank for assisting us with our water-in-db's-gas-tank-problem in Watson lake. Everything is running fine now. (db isn't having a good day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment